The Embark Dog DNA Test tells you more than you ever thought possible about your dog. The test tracks about 200,000 genetic markers, offering breed identification as well as key insights into genetic disease risk and heritable traits. Until recently, a conscientious dog owner who wanted to know if their dog was at risk for genetic diseases had to research their dog’s breed (if they knew it) and run several tests through multiple labs for many hundreds of dollars. Now, Embark tests for 165+ genetic conditions all on a single platform, enabling dog owners to better understand their dog’s health, plan for their future, and provide the most personalized care possible.
Embark provides you with a comprehensive look at your dog’s genetic makeup. You can then use the information to make the best choices about your pup’s health, diet, exercise, and overall wellness. You’ll understand your dog better, perhaps unlock your mutt’s hidden talents, and have some good fun in the process! Unlike products currently on the market, Embark goes beyond breed identification and explains why a dog looks, sheds, and plays the way it does. As the company uncovers new genetic disease markers, Embark will retroactively update your results where feasible, giving you life-long insight and discovery.
Dogs are more likely to be affected with a genetic disease than their human companions. Embark looks at mutations that occur in each breed in your dog to determine if he or she is at risk of developing a genetic disease. This information is provided to owners as a Vet Report, designed specifically for owners to bring to their vets to help guide healthcare decisions. Knowing a dog’s genetic predisposition for a disease can help owners take precautionary measures and know early warning signs to watch for.
- BREED DISCOVERY: With a simple cheek swab, Embark uses the most accurate breed identification scientifically possible. The Embark Dog DNA Test Kit tests for over 250 dog breeds, even wolf, coyote, and village dog ancestry.
- FAMILY TREE & ANCESTRY: The Embark Dog DNA Test will tell you your dog’s family tree all the way back to great-grandparents. Embark also shows other dogs of similar breed mix to your pup. You can explore their profiles and photos and see how much they resemble your dog!
- DISCOVER YOUR DOG’S RELATIVES: Find and connect with other dogs that share DNA with yours, including distant and close relatives! Only Embark will give you a percentage of shared DNA between your dog and others that have been tested with Embark. Doggy DNA Relative Finder free with purchase.
- HEALTHY AGING: Embark tests for over 165 diseases. With our comprehensive genetic testing, you can better plan for healthy aging, with information on everything from genetic diseases to drug sensitivities. Keep your dog healthy longer by testing for genetic diseases that occur later in life including glaucoma, degenerative myelopathy, and dilated cardiomyopathy, three of the most common adult-onset diseases in dogs.
- FAST, TRUSTED RESULTS: Built by experts, only Embark is partnered with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine and is trusted by veterinary hospitals. Results generally between 2-4 weeks.